2013 favorites

For several years now, I've ended the year with a list of my favorite things for that year. Here's my list for 2013.

Stuff I read

Favorite book of the year . . .  The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult

General fiction . . . The Forty Rules of Love by Elif Shafak

Crime thriller . . . Silenced by Kristina Ohlsson

New-to-me author . . .  Elif Shafak

Nonfiction  . . .  Nom Nom Paleo by Michelle Tam and Henry Fong


Music I listened to

Band . . . Steep Canyon Rangers

Artist . . . Rhiannon Giddens

Album . . . (tie) The Civil Wars by The Civil Wars and Paradise Valley by John Mayer

Song . . .  Because The Night by Garbage (featuring Melissa Paternoster of Screaming Females)

Artist Discovery . . . Shovels and Rope

Local (North Carolina) music . . . Steep Canyon Rangers

Song rediscovery . . . Stuck by Norah Jones


Things I watched

TV show . . . Nashville

New TV show . . . Masters of Sex


Miscellaneous things I liked or enjoyed

Game . . . Bookworm

Social Network . . . Twitter (second year in a row)

Vacation . . . Iceland

Weekend Getaway . . . South Florida

Food . . . Eastern NC BBQ

Restaurant . . . New South Kitchen

Popular Posts