The solitude that is Northern NM



Eagle Nest Lake

Continuing the vacation saga . . . we took the scenic route from Santa Fe up to Taos, Angelfire, Eagle Nest, and down to Cimarron en route to I-25. The drive was amazing. Not too crowded (except for Taos which was a traffic nightmare -- sorry, not impressed). Long stretches of beautiful secondary highway.

The Rio Grande just outside of Taos -- yeah, THAT Rio Grande!

Descending from Eagle Nest, we saw lots of ranches and pick-up trucks and people wearing cowboy hats. Stopped in the plains town of Cimarron for a snack. Had the coldest Mountain Dew ever (the only one of the trip -- I've cut back significantly in the last five years!) Gotta say it really hit the spot.

I love New Mexico. Did I say I love New Mexico?

Next-->Colorado.

mm
:)

Popular Posts