Good night and morning, Irene

Sunset last night, as the clouds from Irene were moving in.
I'm guessing that no matter where you are in the world, if you follow the news, you've heard that the East Coast of the USA is experiencing a hurricane. Her name is Irene, and she's HUGE. We first saw her "wings" late yesterday afternoon as we drove east from Charlotte to the farm. The farm is about 80 miles inland, so we're not seeing the full blast of Miss Irene like they are on the coast, but it's certainly been interesting. Last night the winds howled all night long. It was difficult to sleep because I was worried about a tree falling on the house! (Fortunately, that didn't happen.) It's still quite gusty today, and I'm not sure yet but I think we may need to postpone today's plans to plant the fall garden.

Looking southeast last night, just after sunset.
Apologies for the poor quality of these photos. I took them with my phone and it was really too dark out to be taking photos, but I wanted to try to capture what I was seeing anyway.

This morning at 0930. OK, Irene, darling, you're wearing out your welcome.
So maybe the worst is over for us here? Hope so. Also hoping that things don't get any worse for our friends up north. Will be keeping an eye on the news, for sure. Everyone be safe.


Popular Posts