Fall farm update

Dad's turnips are almost as big as your head.
The growing season may be over in some places, but not on our farm. We've got turnips, collard greens, lettuce and the most awesome cabbage ever!!! Some of the turnips are the size of small melons. I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of turnips . . . but maybe I just haven't found the right recipe yet.

Last weekend, we took the wood paneling down in the hallway of the farmhouse, and found some beautiful wood underneath! OK, so somebody painted it mint green a long time ago. And we found some termite damage in a few places, so some of the wood will have to be replaced.


I remember when the wood paneling was put up. It was 1971 or so . . . forty years ago! My Dad put it up, and this was our TV room for a few years until we moved into our new house. I remember watching TV shows like Laugh-In, Julia, UFO, and Little House on the Prairie on an old Sylvania black & white TV in this room!

Now that the weather's turning cooler, we'll be doing more indoor stuff. We've got a bunch of projects we want to do. It's hard to know where to start! We need to finish this room, and that will involve ripping up the floor and the ceiling, too. My head is spinning just thinking about it . . .

Popular Posts