A tough winter


This has been a tough winter. Although we live in North Carolina, where the winters are fairly mild in comparison to lots of other places, I've been cold since . . . November. I simply can't get warm enough. Not sure why this is. Maybe losing weight has something to do with it. After all, I don't have the, um,  'insulation' I used to have.

Further proof that my blood has thinned since moving to NC from Indiana is that 'cold weather' to me is now pretty much anything under 55 degrees Fahrenheit. I used to giggle when my parents (especially Mom) referred to temps in the 50s as "cold" . . . but now I have to say, I agree with them.

Sure, it's getting a little better now that February is here. But I'm so sick of the short days. This going-to-work-in-the-dark and coming-home-in-the-dark thing is annoying. I don't want to exercise, I don't want to eat right, I just want to be a lump on the sofa or in the bed.

Let's hope Queen Charlotte, our local groundhog is right about an early Spring this year!

I am so done with winter!

Popular Posts