The Month of Letters Challenge


I love sending and receiving snail mail, so this year, prompted by my dear pen pal in Milwaukee, I decided to participate in the Month of Letters Challenge.

The idea behind MoLC is to mail something every day the post office delivers in the month of February. If you receive a letter from someone, you're supposed to write them back. It's extra cool because people send all sorts of interesting things from handmade stationery and envelopes to brochures of events in their towns, postcards, stickers, bookmarks, and other items that fit into an envelope.

Here are the places I mailed letters to during this year's challenge:

Day 1: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Day 2: Finspang, SWEDEN
Day 3: Princeton, Louisiana, USA
Day 4: Freedom, Oklahoma, USA
Day 5: Vilnius, LITHUANIA
Day 6: Susice, CZECH REPUBLIC
Day 7: Eugene, Oregon, USA
Day 8: Linz, AUSTRIA
Day 9: Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, USA
Day 10: Lafayette, Colorado, USA
Day 11: Brewer, Maine, USA
Day 12: New Braunfels, Texas, USA
Day 13: Lyon, FRANCE
Day 14: Gilbert, Arizona, USA
Day 15: Wee Waa, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Day 16: San Antonio, Texas, USA
Day 17: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Day 18: Tampere, FINLAND
Day 19: Selangor, MALAYSIA
Day 20: Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
Day 21: Port Williams, Nova Scotia, CANADA
Day 23: Huenstetten, GERMANY
Day 24: Lumberton, North Carolina, USA

For Bonus Points, I also sent mail to:
  • El Granita, California, USA
  • Kaosing City, TAIWAN
  • Krasnodor, RUSSIA
  • Arnemuiden, NETHERLANDS
And now here are the places I got mail from (more could be on the way for all I know!) not necessarily in the order I received them (because I didn't track that):

1. Delray Beach, Florida, USA (I'll be writing this person back soon!)
2. Princeton, Louisiana, USA
3. San Antonio, Texas, USA
4. Lafayette, Colorado, USA
5. Gilbert, Arizona, USA
6. Brewer, Maine, USA
7. Chicago, Illinois, USA
8. El Granita, California, USA
9. Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
10. Finspang, SWEDEN
11. Freedom, Oklahoma, USA
12. Clemson, South Carolina, USA

I enjoyed this challenge and I can't wait to do it again. Fortunately, another opportunity is just around the corner: Write_On will take place in the month of April. Check it out if you're interested!

Halfway through the Month of Letters, I learned of another event that takes place in February. InCoWriMo, or International Correspondence Writing Month. I'm going to try to do it and The Month of Letters Challenge next year.

Happy Letter/Postcard/Card Writing to You.

mm
:)


Popular Posts