Seedlings, nothing more than seedlings

Maybe this isn't a big deal to anyone but me, but I planted some seeds (from seed packs) about 3 weeks ago and look at them! Someday these will be red and yellow bell peppers, and jalapeno peppers. That's wheatgrass on the far right - and yes, I've learned my lesson not to mix wheatgrass with slower growing plants anymore! The wheatgrass is a foot long already while the peppers are only about two inches tall.

They need to stay in this container for a while longer, since we still have the potential for three or four more weeks of frost (including tonight.) In the meantime, I just planted some more seeds in another seed starting kit (back photo, covered with the dome). This one contains Roma tomatoes, broccoli raab, and two kinds of lettuce.

Still to come: more tomatoes, Swiss chard, fennel, and a few other things. It's hard not to get carried away. But I promise my next entry will not be about plants.

Popular Posts