- There are currently 10 people in my role.
- The reorganization eliminated our role but created a new role with a different title and job description.
- There are 5 of these new roles.
- We were given an opportunity to apply for the new roles.
- I decided not to apply for any of the new roles, for a variety of reasons but mainly because . . .
- . . . another group is "re-orging" and this group may have some opportunities that are more closely aligned to my skill set and interests.
- Meanwhile . . . there's still a lot of transition work to be done in my "current" job.
OK. I would really like to blog about everything I have seen and felt these past few weeks. Some of my colleagues and I have experienced almost every emotion imaginable: shock, disbelief, sadness, anger, fear, confusion, giddiness, apathy and everywhere in between. Yet for some reason I haven't been able to write about these things. I want to be brave and optimistic, but it's not always easy.
Bear with me as I get through this. Because I will. Eventually.