It's got a lot

We took a quick trip to Charlotte on Thursday and Friday and both of us were very impressed. (Click the link on Charlotte and scroll down to watch a really cool short video and you'll see what I mean.) Charlotte, you've really grown up in the 24 years I've been away! You now have a beltway, a pro football team, a pro basketball team, several beautiful new "skyscrapers", and even a light rail system (OK, so only one line so far, but others are in the works.) Charlotte really does have a lot!

On Friday morning, I had a series of interviews with a company there. From my perspective, the interviews went very well. Perhaps the coolest thing of all is that I was interviewed by a panel of my peers - the people who'd be my teammates if I get that job. I thought that was a nice touch - I mean, how many times do you get to chat with your potential team members during the interview process? (Me, never before.) They work in a highly collaborative environment, so it's important for the "vibe" to be right between everyone. I certainly felt that I could work with them. I wonder what they thought of me?

I won't know anything for at least a week. That's just how it goes. It's nothing unusual. But if Charlotte is where we're supposed to end up, we would both be very happy. We'd just have another big decision to make: which neighborhood should we live in? There are so many nice neighborhoods in the Charlotte area. But I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, as my Mom always says!

Popular Posts