Feast for a queen


I went out to dinner tonight with fourteen of my closest co-workers. :-) It's Queen's Feast week (also known as Charlotte Restaurant Week) here in the Queen City . . . actually it's 10 days but hey, let's just call it a week. This evening we went to Santé, a wonderful French-themed restaurant in lovely downtown Matthews. Here's what I had:

Appetizer
Pan Fried Zucchini Cake with roasted red peppers and Bosky Acres feta cheese and a roasted poblano sauce.

Entrée
Bacon Wrapped Trout stuffed with crawfish and tasso ham polenta and a summer corn sauce.

Dessert
Blueberry Angel Cake (shown in the photo above).

Beverage
Shock Top Raspberry Wheat

Drool! Dinner was excellent. My only complaint is that I don't have time to go to more restaurants this time around. Hopefully Queen's Feast will return in January or February, and we can participate again. I'm already looking forward to it!

Popular Posts