A giant Leap

Today has been cathartic on so many levels. First of all, it's Leap Day, the so-called extra day that comes around every four years. I've never really grasped the concept of Leap Day, and never really considered it "extra" and apparently I'm not the only one -- check out this blog entry by Tamára Lunardo, who happens to be one of my favorite Internet philosophers. :)

I gave notice at my job today. For the past 18 months or so, I've been in a situation where I felt like a square peg in a round hole. Sure, I've met some great people that I want to keep in contact with, worked on some interesting projects, and learned some new skills. I've grown. I've stretched. But I've also bent over backwards. Pulled some muscles. Torn some fibers.

Sometimes you have to go. Life is too short to get stuck in what Tamára calls the damned blocks. I took a Giant Leap today. And soon I'll take another, when I begin a new role with a new company.

Are you taking leaps? Is there something in your life that you need to change? Change is scary sometimes. But sometimes, change is exactly what you need.

mm
:)

Popular Posts