Best pizza in town

There's nothing quite like homemade pizza cooked in a woodburning oven. I had some for dinner tonight at Pizzology, a sort-of new restaurant in Carmel. But first, we started with the amazing grilled romaine salad - one of the best salads I've had recently. Everything about it was exquisite, from the smoky flavor of the lettuce to the pleasant sweetness of the tomatoes.

I was with four other people and we ordered three pizzas to share: 1) the Margherita, made from San Marzano tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella cheese, and basil; 2) the Four Cheese, which included at least two cheeses I'd never heard of (Taleggio and Caciocavallo); and 3) the Mortadella, a "pizza blanca" piled high with spicy capicola ham. They were all divine, but my favorite was the simple Margherita. You just can't beat San Marzanos. I'm totally not exaggerating when I say this was probably the best pizza I've ever eaten.

Pizzology makes their own cheeses and sausages from local ingredients, which gives them extra points in my book. I highly, highly recommend it. If you live in the Indianapolis area, run, don't walk to Pizzology! And take my advice - get one to take home for later. I so wish I had done that! :-)

Popular Posts