A new world record

One of my things is reading books, then writing about them. I've been doing this at Mariandy's Book Blog since the summer of 2008, when I was living in Vienna. I read all kinds of books -- mostly mysteries (both hardcore crime & cozy) and thrillers, but I also enjoy general fiction, historical fiction, books by new writers, and the occasional random work of non-fiction. Instead of a formal review or plot summary, the blog entries reflect my personal thoughts on the book or characters or settings.

This year I read and reviewed 54 books, which is a record for me. Earlier in December, I wasn't sure if I'd beat last year's record of 51 books. At 52, I could have stopped for the year, but I enjoy reading so much that I simply can't imagine taking time off!

Anyway, just wanted to share this new world record of mine. I guess I've raised the bar for myself. Now I'll have to "strive for 55" in 2012. :-)

Popular Posts