Queen's Feast, Winter 2012

Oysters Rockefeller

Continuing the trend we started in 2011, last night some friends got together for a Queen's Feast (Charlotte Restaurant Week) meal. This time, we went to Primo Tuscan Grille in Myers Park. Scroll down to see more photos.

My choices were:

Appetizer
Oysters Rockefeller - fresh oysters topped with creamed spinach, pancetta, and Parmigiano-Reggiano

Salad
Goat Cheese Salad - crumbled Chèvre goat cheese, golden raisins, toasted walnuts and caramelized onions, served on field greens with raspberry dressing

Entree
Penne Primo - tossed with fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, pine nuts and extra virgin olive oil

And now for the photos:

Sandy's Italian Chopped Salad
Goat Cheese Salad

Sara's Lobster Ravioli
Angie's Penne Primavera
Sandy's Stuffed Chicken Breast
Mike's Sea Bass Francese
My Penne Primo
I particularly enjoyed the salad. The caramelized onions blended supremely well with the other ingredients. I wish dessert would have been part of the experience -- I would have preferred an appetizer OR a salad, an entree and dessert -- but that's just me. (Of course, I could have ordered dessert separately, but I didn't.)

Popular Posts