The new gig


I started a new job (with a new company) last Monday. It's not just a new company for me, it's an entirely new industry! I'm sure I'll be learning a lot over this next phase of my career.

Here are a couple of things I'm especially excited about:
  • I now work in a LEED-certified ("green") building! How cool is that?!!
  • My new company places a huge focus on employee wellness. This means all sorts of healthy stuff is going on, like Fruit Fridays, weight loss programs, yoga classes, etc.  For everything I choose to do, I can earn points to use for things such as extra time off, gift cards, tech tools, etc.
  • I can walk to my favorite shopping mall -- it's only a couple of blocks away!
True, I now have a 40-45 minute commute (twice what I had before). I miss my carpool buddy. I have to get up between 5:30-6:00AM -- Egads!!! - but (deep breath now) it's all good. I'm excited about the work I'm going to be doing, and very, very happy to working with this new company! :)

Popular Posts