Book: The Girl on the Train

This year, I want to write more about the things I enjoy and love. I've always been a big reader and there are few things I enjoy more than a good thriller. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins is an example of a book that pulled me in from the first few sentences, and wouldn't let me go until the last page.

The story takes place in London and if you've ever been there and ridden the train from say, Gatwick, the imagery of looking into people's backyards and windows from the train will come right back to you.

I don't want to tell you anything about the plot, because since this book was one of last year's major bestsellers, there's enough about it out there already.

A few days after I read The Girl on the Train, I learned they're making a movie out of it. It's filming now. In New York.

New York? Not sure why "they" decided to change the location (I'm really disappointed with that). But "they" didn't consult me, dang it.

If you like thrillers, and you haven't read this one yet, do it. Recommended not just by me, but from all of my co-workers at the office.

mm
:)

Popular Posts