A great start to the new year


This morning I made the perfect latte. At home. With my new De'Longhi espresso machine (thank you, Jenny!) With coaching from Jenny and Elyse (an actual former barista). I did it. And it was delicious.

After a lazy morning, I went to the gym and did some strength training. Then I came home, made a chocolate raspberry protein smoothie, read part of a book, and took a nap.

Later, I went on a couple of shopping errands, including to Home Depot, where I walked up and down all the aisles and put at least 2,500 steps on my Fitbit.

I attempted to make the traditional southern New Year's Day meal of black-eyed peas and greens. It was a huge fail because the peas were rancid. I ended up making kale chips and Elyse made some yummy cornbread, so we got two out of three.

Tonight I did W2D2 of my Couch to 5K program and afterwards, I walked until my Fitbit registered over 10,000 steps.

I'm not going to be detailing every day of 2016 to this degree. I just wanted to share that I feel like I had a pretty good first day of the year. I think this is going to be a great year. I'm excited to be in it!

mm
:)

Popular Posts