Sleepless in Taipei



I arrived in Taipei, Taiwan a few hours ago. It's just over 900 miles from Seoul but only took about 2 hours on EVA Air. EVA Air is a Taiwanese airline and the flight attendants really take care of you. I mean, I could not even move without the flight attendant wanting to help me shift in my seat. OK, I'm exaggerating slightly, but I must say that I am very impressed with the level of service provided by EVA Air (and also the other two Asian airlines I've flown, Cathay Pacific and China Air.)

In fact, the level of service here in Asia is outstanding in just about every arena. Hotel staff are amazing. I stayed at the Grand Intercontinental in Seoul and they made me feel like a queen. The Grand Intercontintal Seoul has probably the best breakfast buffet in the world, too. Their homemade granola is to die for - wish I had the recipe.

I'm in my new hotel tonight. It's a five star hotel (don't worry, I got a cheap corporate rate) but I haven't yet taken the time to check it out. The only thing I know is that there is a Starbucks next door, so tomorrow I'll grab a coffee on the way to work - and perhaps a Taipei mug if they have one to add to my growing collection of Starbucks city mugs.

Taipei is 12 hours ahead of Indy, so it's almost midnight as I write this (not the time below, which is Pacific time.) Anyway, I'm tired but my motor is still running. Can't blame it on jet lag this time, though as there is only one hour time difference between Taipei and Seoul. Oh, well!

Popular Posts