Scenes from Alabama


I'd like to thank everyone who sent us condolences, either via email, on Facebook, or in person. The funeral yesterday was lovely - I never knew that I could describe a funeral as "lovely" but it really was. 

Birmingham is quite an impressive place with its green hills, Vulcan statue, and new (everything seem so new and shiny) stores, malls, and houses. I cannot stay here much longer, though. It seems I have naturally slipped into my native Southern eating ways: BBQ, BBQ, BBQ! And to think that just a few days ago, I was practically a vegetarian or vegan! This cannot be good. If Jillian McKeith (You Are What You Eat) were spying on me, she'd faint! 

OK, soon I'll be home and get back to eating my fruits, veggies, and whole grains. It will be OK. Really, it will!

Popular Posts