Rumor has it

I'd like to dispel a couple of rumors. First, the rumor that I'm planning to go back to school. Specifically, culinary school. I should note that I find this rumor particularly amusing. It means that someone out there has been paying attention: I love food, and I love to cook. And it's true that I did visit the Art Institute of Indianapolis a few months ago to inquire about their culinary program.

But this rumor cannot be true for a couple of reasons: 1) Cooking for me is a very creative process. I don't want someone else telling me how to do it. 2) I'm way too slow to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment. 3) I don't have $25,000 to spend on a 10 month program, or $50,000 to spend on an Associate's degree . . . especially when I have no plans to become the next Top Chef.

What's more likely for me is that I'd invest in some high quality kitchen tools and some classic cookbooks and try to figure it all out myself. After all, I'm a Constructivist learner.

Or, I might like to take a cooking-themed trip. You know, like spending a week New Mexico to take a few classes at the Santa Fe Cooking School. Or New York to check out the Natural Gourmet Institute. Or any number of places around San Francisco.

Heck, I might even head over to France or Italy. Now that would be a dream vacation.

Anyway, strike the culinary school rumor. I do like it, though.

The second rumor that's floating around is that we're planning to move to North Carolina to become organic farmers. OK, I'll admit, I've talked and written quite a bit lately about this, but seriously, this is just a rumor. Would I like to move back to North Carolina? Most days, yes. There are many things I miss about North Carolina - and I actually blogged about this in 10 Things I Miss About Living in North Carolina last August.

I mean, Duh. It's the best, most awesome, most beautiful, most perfect of the 50 states. Who wouldn't want to live there?

But there are no definite plans. At this point.

There is one rumor going around that is true, and I will be writing about that sometime this week. So come back again in a few days to find out what's really going on!

Popular Posts