Warrior woman, with sword

It's official: I'm unemployed!!!

If you're a regular reader, you may remember I blogged about my inevitable employment status change in Ch-ch-changes (16 January) and I'm still standin' - yeah, yeah yeah (25 February). I've actually known about this since last September (truth be told, I suspected even earlier than that. Things haven't been "secure" for quite some time): it was just a matter of when. Well, the when is now, and the thing that seems to surprise a lot of people is . . . not only am I OK with it, I'm actually quite happy about it!

This blog may take a detour over the coming months as I learn to navigate my new world. You see, for the first time in my life, I have absolutely no clue what comes next. In the past, I've always had a plan, a goal, something I was moving towards. This time, I just want to take a little time off, breathe, and learn to live in the moment . . . which is something that wouldn't have been possible in my "old" world, where multitasking is the norm.

I can feel myself changing already. For the better.

Some of my friends have asked: "Aren't you angry?" which is an interesting question to me because I'm not angry at all. Truth is, I feel fortunate when I think of all the wonderful people I've met over the past 10+ years . . . the amazing experiences and opportunities I've had . . . the places I was able to visit . . . things I was able to do. "The Company" was good to me. Thanks to "The Company" I was able to live a dream. Several dreams, actually. I don't think my dreams are over just yet - they're just changing a little.

Two contrasting images have appeared in my imagination quite a bit lately. One is of a lonesome cowboy riding off into the sunset . . . sort of like at the end of the old Western movies. THIS IS NOT ME. I am the other image . . . a Celtic Warrior Woman. A storm is coming, rain is falling, but instead of running away she brandishes her sword and faces the storm and screams at it. She is not afraid.
 
I AM NOT AFRAID! And it's with this attitude that I begin this next chapter in my life.

Bring it on!!!

Popular Posts