10 things I like about living in Indianapolis

1. My very cool Hoosier friends! (NOTE: this includes non-Hoosier natives who live here with whom I am friends.)
2. GREAT local food options and rapidly growing Locavore scene.
3. Awesome farmers' markets, e.g., Broad Ripple, Indy Winter Farmers' Market, Stadium Village, Trader's Point, etc.
4. COLTS FOOTBALL!!!
5. Interesting, charming neighborhoods such as the Near North Side, Broad Ripple, and Fall Creek Place.
6. The Monon and other rail trails. Not that I use them often, but I would if I lived closer.
7. The amazing variety of organized walks and runs, from 5Ks to marathons.
8. A great local park system, e.g., Eagle Creek Park.
9. The Indy Food Coop, which is coming soon. Are YOU a member yet?
10. The fact that most people around here are really nice people who truly epitomize the concept of Hoosier Hospitality. Seriously, there have been so many times when total strangers here have been helpful to me. How many places can say that? Not many!

Popular Posts