Magic carpets

If I had 100 Turkish lire for every time I've heard the question "You want to buy carpet?" in the past five days when I was just walking down the street minding my own business, I could probably afford to buy a small one. The rugs you're seeing in these photos? $3000 and up. If your seller is motivated, you *might* be able to negotiate a better price, including shipping to your home address, wherever in the world that may be.
 
Today, we actually went into a carpet shop. But our seller wasn't very motivated.

OK, I love carpets and appreciate the work that went into them (it can take over a year to make a single carpet if it's handmade). But I'm the type of person who would rather spend my money on travel and experiences than on material things. Hey, priorities!

But if I ever win the lottery, I'm coming back here, I'm looking that dude up, and I'm gonna buy some carpets.

 

Popular Posts