Time flies



Here we are on the first day of December. I don't know about you, but I can't believe how quickly this year is going by. It seems like just a few weeks ago, Sandy and I were celebrating the arrival of 2009 and meticulously planning how we were each going to lose 50 pounds this year. I can't speak for Sandy, but in eleven months, I've managed to lose exactly 6 pounds. So I guess that means I have only 44 to go. I kinda doubt I'll be able to do that before December 31.

We've been having some beautiful sunsets lately. Thought I'd share the view from the backyard one recent November evening when I arrived home from work before it was completely dark outside! I for one am ready for Winter Solstice, when the days start getting longer again. Tomorrow in Helsinki, the sun rises at 8:59AM and sets at 3:20PM. By December 21, they will only have 5 hours and 48 minutes of sunlight. So I won't complain.

Thank you, Google, for fixing the Blog Feed issue. All is right with the world now.

Popular Posts